Donate Your Vehicle to Goodwill
Goodwill auto auctions and donations are outsourced by ADESA in Lexington.
Information regarding auto auctions:
- Sale happens every third Thursday of the month at 11:30 a.m. EST
- Sale preview starts at 8 a.m. the day of sale
- $500 cash deposit to attend sale, refundable if no purchase is made
- If purchase is made, balance is payable by noon the following day in cash
- Please call us and add your email address to our distribution list if interested in receiving run lists
- $25 annual registration fee. This fee provided a bid badge for one year.
672 BLUE SKY PKWY., LEXINGTON KY 40509
TAX DEDUCTION INFO
If you itemize deductions on your federal tax return, you are entitled to claim a charitable deduction for your donations to Goodwill.
If you donate financially to Goodwill, keep a copy of the acknowledgment letter from Goodwill for tax purposes.
Market values are based on items in good condition and may vary from one region to another. Consult a local tax advisor who is familiar with market values in your region and keep the donation receipt(s) that is available at the time of your donation.
As a convenience to our donors, we have identified the following tax guides available from the Internal Revenue Service and other organizations that may assist you in valuing your donations for tax purposes. Goodwill endorses neither accuracy nor appropriateness of the valuations listed. Please consult with your tax advisor for actual deductibility of your donation.
Determining the Fair Value of Property: Defines “fair market value” and helps donors and appraisers determine the value of property given to qualified organizations (Publication 561).
Noncash Charitable Contributions: Applies to deduction claims totaling more than $500 for all contributed items (Form 8283).
Charitable Contributions: Explains which organizations are qualified to receive deductible charitable contributions, the types of contributions you can deduct, how much you can deduct, what records to keep and how to report charitable contributions (Publication 526).