Donate Your Time to Goodwill

Calling all volunteers! Do you have skills and talents to share with the public, our program participants or our employees who face challenges? We have needs for the following:

  • Professional mentors
  • Legal counseling
  • Financial literacy
  • Homeownership
  • Spiritual guidance
  • Speakers
  • Bureau representatives
  • Tutors
  • Mock interviewers
  • Social media ambassadors/bloggers

Interested? Please email Manager of Public Relations and Community Engagement Ben Haydon at

To complete court-ordered community service requirements, please call or visit your local Goodwill store and speak with the manager on duty.


If you itemize deductions on your federal tax return, you are entitled to claim a charitable deduction for your donations to Goodwill.

If you donate financially to Goodwill, keep a copy of the acknowledgment letter from Goodwill for tax purposes.

Market values are based on items in good condition and may vary from one region to another. Consult a local tax advisor who is familiar with market values in your region and keep the donation receipt(s) that is available at the time of your donation.

As a convenience to our donors, we have identified the following tax guides available from the Internal Revenue Service and other organizations that may assist you in valuing your donations for tax purposes. Goodwill endorses neither accuracy nor appropriateness of the valuations listed. Please consult with your tax advisor for actual deductibility of your donation.

Determining the Fair Value of Property: Defines “fair market value” and helps donors and appraisers determine the value of property given to qualified organizations (Publication 561).

Noncash Charitable Contributions: Applies to deduction claims totaling more than $500 for all contributed items (Form 8283).

Charitable Contributions: Explains which organizations are qualified to receive deductible charitable contributions, the types of contributions you can deduct, how much you can deduct, what records to keep and how to report charitable contributions (Publication 526).

Socialize with us


Socialize with us