On Friday, March 24, 2023, Goodwill Industries of Kentucky proudly cut the ribbon on its South Louisville Opportunity Center, its 10th statewide Opportunity Center.
The South Louisville Opportunity Center is unique from others in that it serves the Spanish-speaking community, which makes up about 21% of the surrounding area. The staff is bilingual, ESL (English as a Second Language) classes are offered, and the branding is in both English and Spanish.
The ceremony featured speeches from U.S. Senator Rand Paul, Goodwill President and CEO Amy Luttrell, Chief of External Affairs DeVone Holt, Opportunity Center Manager Leonard Berrios, Louisville Metro Councilwoman Betsy Ruhe, Derby City Gaming General Manager Garth Williams, KentuckianaWorks Program Director Angella Wilson and Goodwill employee and program participant Pharrah Burleson.
The South Louisville Opportunity Center is located at 6201 Preston Highway, Suite A, Louisville, KY 40219, and is open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For more information, watch these recent news reports:
- WHAS: Goodwill opens new opportunity center in south Louisville
- WDRB: Goodwill opens South Louisville Opportunity Center to provide resources for community
- WLKY: Goodwill opens 10th opportunity center in south Louisville to help people out of poverty
- WAVE: Goodwill hosts ribbon cutting for new South Louisville Opportunity Center
- WAVE Listens Live: WAVE Listens Live! Goodwill Industries of Kentucky
- WHAS Great Day Live: Goodwill Opportunity Center opens in south Louisville