We at Goodwill, in partnership with Jefferson Community and Technical College, are set to offer an exciting opportunity for justice-involved, Louisville-area youths ages 18 to 24.
Through a new program, LifeLaunch: Ignite, more than 100 young adults will be offered 16 weeks of free educational opportunities and certifications via JCTC in the following areas: welding, automotive mechanics, culinary, construction, information technology and more.
In addition, to assist with the transition from those learning opportunities to employment, Goodwill and our many community and employer partners will be assisting with job-readiness training, which includes our RISE program, and links to necessary resources, such as financial assistance, housing, food, clothing and much more. Participants will also have access to a career coach.
Goodwill Director of Reentry Services Dennis Ritchie and JCTC Associate Vice President of Workforce Development Nickie Cobb recently detailed the program and its benefits on WHAS11 and WAVE 3 news segments:
- WHAS11: Goodwill Industries of Kentucky on Great Day Live!
- WAVE 3: Listens Live! Goodwill Industries of Kentucky Nov. 13, 2020 (Fast forward to 1:00)
The Goodwill® LifeLaunch: Ignite Reentry Program is made possible with a $4.5 million grant award, covering 93% of operating costs, from the U.S. Department of Labor Employment and Training Administration. Goodwill is contributing leveraged funding valued at $324,762 to cover the remaining 7% of operational costs.